26 Mar Optomi Professional Services to support growth for PowerMyLearning among Atlanta’s vibrant community of millennials and young professionals
Optomi Professional Services, a technology talent company, is proud to have two members of its team as part of the advisory board of PowerMyLearning. PowerMyLearning announced the formation of its Greater Atlanta Advisory Board on March 14, which will include Optomi Professional Services’ Director of Strategic Accounts, Courtney Simo and Account Executive, Nikki Hoang. The duo join ten additional Atlanta-based professionals across multiple industries in supporting the growth of PowerMyLearning by expanding the involvement of young professionals in the Greater Atlanta Area.
Courtney Simo commented, “PowerMyLearning has been near and dear to my heart for the past 5 years. I am truly honored and humbled to be a part of this incredible organization that is helping bridge the digital divide in the classroom. Through my professional relationships with various clients and connections, I look forward to raising awareness by collecting computer donations through technology refreshes. There is no greater joy than seeing a child’s face light up when handing them their own personal computer! I look forward to making a difference in our community with the selected board of talented leaders!”
Nikki Hoang stated, “I am truly honored to have been selected to serve on the board for PowerMyLearning. This organization has been able to provide students an equal opportunity to succeed in the school system. I am looking forward to not only increasing awareness and involvement for this cause, but also to grow personally. Creating a nonprofit is one of my goals in life.”
PowerMyLearning is an education non-profit that partners with underserved schools to support 21st-century learning that enables every student to succeed. Its partnerships with Title I elementary and middle schools enhance home and classroom learning environments by:
• Providing students and families with a free personal laptop home learning system, complete with Microsoft Office, learning software, and digital training at no cost.
• Educating families about how they can use these tools to help their children learn.
• Coaching teachers about how technology can help them serve every student, wherever they are in their learning journey.
The 2019 Advisory Board terms begin May 1. Its members include:
• Omid Elyaskordi, Project Manager at IBM (Co-Chair)
• John DeShazer, Managing Consultant at LogicSpree (Co-Chair)
• Courtney Simo, Director of Strategic Accounts at Optomi Professional Services (At-Large Member)
• Will Kauffman, Foundation Coordinator at Sage (Scale Impact Committee)
• Jamarc Hurd, Data Strategist Consultant at Hurd Consultants and Analytics (Scale Impact Committee)
• Lauren Parkerson, Senior Enterprise Data Strategy Manager at Cox Automotive (Build Awareness Committee)
• Mandy Glidewell, Director of Marketing at CentricsIT (Build Awareness Committee)
• Stephen Spitulski, Director of Partner Success at Build Technology Group (Secure the Future Committee)
• Nikki Hoang, Account Executive at Optomi (Secure the Future Committee)
• Sirita Donaldson, HR Strategic Business Partner at NCR (Secure the Future Committee)
• Courtney Pearce, Corporate Recruiter at Visionaire Partners (Secure the Future Committee)